We are big lovers of lemon, ginger and honey tea over here, drinking it daily by the cupfuls, which is why we’ve termed it as our spiritualiTEA (see what we did there?) A friend of ours taught us this way to prep it ahead of time which is simply genius and we had to share. It’s the perfect warm and nourishing drink to pair with our Gratitude spiRITUAL:
- Slice and quarter one lemon, rind and all. Place into a container that has a lid.
- Grate or zest several 1″ cubes of peeled ginger. Add to the container.
- Pour 1/3 c. honey over the lemons + ginger. Mix with a spoon.
- Seal and place in the fridge. Your honey will get liquid-y so don’t be alarmed.
- Place 2 spoonfuls of the mix, with lemon slices too into a cup. Pour boiling water offer it, stir and enjoy.
To perform the Gratitude spiRITUAL: Drink slowly, paying attention to the way the cup feels in your hands and how it smells. Go slow as you stay present and mindful. As you start drinking, thank your body for doing even the smallest tasks without ever being asked. Pause. Sip. Thank the Divine for this day, giving space for gratitude even in the midst of hard times. Sip. Focus your attention on one area you want to be more grateful for today. Sip. Ask yourself how you are going to show up with gratitude today. How can you give yourself even the slightest bit of space to explore that? Sip. Breathe it in.