Baths can be grounding *and* cleansing (and not just in the literal sense either). Throw some epsom salt and baking soda in there and now you’ve got a recipe for an energetic cleansing bath spiRITUAL. It removes that which you no longer wish to hold onto in your energetic body.
We keep a large mason jar on hand, fill it with equal parts epsom salt + baking soda, and then keep a measuring cup inside. That way, every time we take a bath, we throw in a scoop of our Energy Cleansing Bath recipe and let it dissolve into a heavenly wash.
Why this Energy Cleansing bath spiRITUAL works:
Water: From drinking it, to swimming in it, to soaking in it, water has the natural capabilities of cleansing our external bodies and souls. It’s been a symbol in many religious practices for purity and power, and the mere application of it is said to forgive and cleanse.
Epsom salt: It is a natural mineral with the capability of drawing out toxins, leaving muscles elevated from pain, and inflammation reduced. The act of drawing out is what makes epsom salt power for the external energies we’ve picked up along the day.
Baking soda: A natural healer, baking soda encourages the relief of tension and pain while healing the energetic (and external) body.
This Energy Cleansing Bath will draw out the negative energies you’ve accumulated throughout the day, leaving you cleansed and relaxed. It’s the perfect energetic detox routine.
How to Take An “Energy Cleansing” Bath spiRITUAL:
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- several drops essential oils like lavender or tea tree (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. dried lavender (optional)
- A relaxing playlist
- The desire to let go and release
- Run warm water into your bath. Push play on your playlist and leave your phone/technology out of your reach.
- Throw the epsom salt + baking soda into the water. If you have a big jar of the mix, instead throw an overflowing cup of the energy cleansing mix in. Allow it to dissolve.
- As you step into the bath, thank the water for its natural healing abilities. Thank yourself for taking this moment to reflect, let go, and release that which no longer serves you. Take a deep breath in. Exhale.
- Notice how you are feeling. Identify where on your body you’re feeling these emotions as well. If you desire, you can place your hands there, momentarily, as a signal to that body part that it okay; it is safe.
- Imagine a white light “sweeping” over your body, catching and expelling any energies you might have picked up throughout the day. Inhale. Exhale.
- Relax in the water for a total of 15-20 minutes.